Latest Ofsted Report 2016
Effectiveness of leadership and management GoodQuality of teaching, learning and assessment Good Personal development, behaviour and welfare Good Outcomes for pupils Good Early years provision Good Overall effectiveness at previous inspection Good
Summary of key findings for parents and pupils:
- This is a good school
- Staff put pupils at the heart of all they do. They successfully provide pupils with exciting learning opportunities through their highly developed and diverse curriculum.
- The quality of teaching, learning and assessment is good. Pupils are developing into learners who are inquisitive and want to do well. Leadership of the early years is strong. As a result, children get off to a good start developing their skills across all areas of learning. This ensures that they are well prepared for Year 1.
- An exceptionally strong feature of the school is the way pupils are encouraged to take calculated risks, solve problems and find things out for themselves. Behaviour is good. Pupils have a clear understanding of what acceptable behaviour is. They are kind and caring, working and playing harmoniously together.
- Fundamental British values are promoted in a seamless and age-appropriate way. This work is underpinned through the three guiding principles: to take care of yourself, to take care of others and to take care of the place you are in.
- The council of management knows the school well. They use their professional expertise to good effect to support the school.
- The well-being of every pupil is of utmost importance to staff. Pupils feel safe and staff are vigilant in their approach to the welfare of the pupils and safeguard them effectively.
- Most parents are overwhelmingly positive about the school and are delighted with the quality of education their children receive.